SALT THERAPY FAQ’S
WHAT IS SALT THERAPY?
Salt Therapy is a completely natural, non-invasive and drug free treatment where dry salt aerosol is passively inhaled in a specially constructed Salt Room.
This therapy involves breathing in microscopic salt particles which have a positive effect on respiratory and skin aliments. The dry sodium chloride aerosol in the Salt Room eliminates airborne particles from the airways and helps the body purge itself of toxins.
There are no microbes or allergens in the Salt Room. This allows the body’s immune system to rest during treatment. The salt particles convert positive ions into negative ions, vital in strengthening the body’s immune system.
Salt Therapy is a safe complimentary therapy and has no side effects.
HOW DOES SALT THERAPY WORK?
Salt is an anti-inflammatory and an anti histamine as well as having antiseptic properties. Inhalation of salt aerosol is clinically proven to cleanse the respiratory system of the human body speeds up the elimination of toxins.
The salt travels through the airway and shifts the mucus to help sufferers of respiratory conditions. This effect is used to treat asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, sinusitis, as well as frequent respiratory tract diseases in children and adults.
WHO MAY BENEFIT FROM SALT THERAPY TREATMENT?
Salt Therapy may benefit people of any age with respiratory and skin ailments, as well as those in good health who want to strengthen their immunity and enjoy a relaxing treatment with proven positive effects on wellbeing.
SALT THERAPY IS RECOMMENDED FOR
- Stress relief
- Athletic – performance enhancing
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- General well being
- Chronic Broncitis
- Bronchiectasis Disease,
- Hay Fever & allergies
- Hay fever
- Colds & Flus
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Sleeping problems
- Repeat Viral Infections
- Respiratory Infections
Do not use SALT THERAPY if you have:
- Acute stage of respiratory diseases
- Chronic obstructive lung diseases with 3rd stage of chronic lung insufficiency
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Spitting of blood
- Hypertension in IIB stage
- All internal diseases in decompensation
WHAT DO I WEAR DURING SALT THERAPY?
Normal comfortable clothing is to be worn and shoe covers are provided to ensure that the Salt is kept clean.
WHAT CAN I TAKE INTO THE SALT CAVE DURING A SESSION?
- electronic devices, magazines,books etc.
- please place devices in silent mode if others are in the cave
- refraining from talking to ensure everyone enjoys the experience.
- No food or drink is permitted in the Salt Cave to ensure that the salt remains pure.
- We also ask that you don’t wear any strong perfumes or aftershaves into the Salt Cave as the scent can trigger attacks in people who have respiratory conditions.
- You may choose to bring a jumper or cardigan. The temperature in the Salt Cave is regulated to remain constant regardless of the external conditions.
who else will be in THE SALT CAVE with me?
- There is limited space in each session so schedule in advance
- There may be others scheduled during your session
- Children, accompanied by an adult can also enjoy the benefits of the salt cave
- When scheduling, let us know if you have any preferences
For more information or bookings phone Salt & Soul on (07) 5546 0055
Like our Facebook page for specials.